Organisations that can help

Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA)

APHA work to safeguard animal and plant health for the benefit of people, the environment and the economy. APHA is an executive agency, sponsored by the Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs. 

Helpline: 03000 200 301 (open Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm)

This is the Defra Rural Services Helpline and can also be used to contact the Rural Payments Agency (RPA).

Email for bovine TB enquiries: [email protected]

For customers in Scotland and Wales, contact your local Field Services Office. See APHA website for further details.

> Click here to visit the APHA website (


National Farmers Union (NFU)

The NFU champions British farming and provides professional representation and services to its Farmer and Grower members.

NFU Members contact NFU Callfirst: 0370 845 8458

> Click here to visit NFU website (


The Farming Community Network (FCN)

 FCN seeks to provide confidential, non-judgemental support to all those in need of help in the farming community in England and Wales, whether the issue is related to the farm business or the farm household.

Helpline: 03000 111 999 (open from 7am to 11pm every day of the year)

Email for general enquiries: [email protected]

e-Helpline service : [email protected]

> Click here to visit FCN website (